DUSSHERA & DIWALI VACATIONS
Dear Parents, We wish you a great year ahead, following are the details
- Dussherra – 9 October (Sunday) – 12 October (Wednesday) —-> School resumes from 13 October 2016
- Diwali – 26 October (Wednesday) – 1 November (Tuesday) —-> School resumes from 2 November 2016
MINDSPARK 2016 – The Inter School Competition
To stand with the students and to nurture their talents is the essence of Mind Spark. It gives us immense pleasure to invite all the Schools to participate in, Mind Spark 2016 Brighton Inter-School Competition to be held on 11th to 13th August 2016 in the school premises.
In this era of globalization it is our duty to tap the hidden talents of our students amidst their curriculum. Mind spark is the platform where the talents can be expressed and mettled. Activities on this stature can encourage the students to engage with the specifics and complexities of issues as they arise today.
Brighton Mind-Spark 2016 – Event details
|S.No||Date||Competition||Theme / Topic||Group or Class|
|1||11 Aug||Quiz||G.K and Current Affairs||Class IX – Class XII|
|2||11 Aug||English Debate||Should there be a common board to scrutinize the child’s caliber across the nation||Class IX – Class XII|
|3||12 Aug||Art||On the spot||Group 1- Class PP I – I (Colouring)
Group 2- Class II – V (Art)
|4||12 Aug||Recitation||Patriotic||Group 1- Class I to Class II
Group 2- Class III to Class V
|5||12 Aug||Craft||Best Out of the Waste||Class II – Class V|
|6||12 Aug||Extempore||On the spot||Class II – Class V|
|7||12 Aug||Group Dance||Patriotic||Class V – VIII
Class IX – Class XII
|8||13 Aug||Group Song||Patriotic||Class IV – Class VII|
|9||13 Aug||Street Play||Indian independence and patriotism||Class V – Class XII|
|10||13 Aug||Hindi Debate||आधुनिक भारत अर्थात आने वाले भारत को धर्म की आवश्यकता है या नहीं||Class IX – Class XII|
|For detailed rules please read the event details carefully|
|• Last date for registrations is 1st August 2016
• Participants to arrange for their own conveyance
• The host school will provide snacks and refreshment
• There will be no registration fee for any event
• Reporting time – 30 min prior to the scheduled start
• Every competitor should carry original ID
• Best school’s trophy will be awarded to the all-rounder school (barring Hindi and English debate)
• Timing (11/08/16-09.00 A.M, 13/08/16- 09.30 A.M)
• For registrations and queries contact between 9 AM to 5 PM
• First aid facility will be provided by the host school
|Ms. Ritu Choudhary
Ms. Neha Sethi
Mobile: 7566707003, 9691140607
Mr. Satyam Bharti
|Brighton International School
Baloda Bazaar Road,
Near Vidhan Sabha,
For all the events Judges’ / Jury / Umpire / Panel decision will be final
|Group Dance||• Time limit is of 4-6 minutes for the performance.
• Recorded CD/ DVD/ Pen drive or live music is allowed.
• The required costume and other accessories are to be brought by the participants.
• The participants have to deposit the master CD/DVD/Pen drive at the registration counter.
• The participants will be judged on the basis of Theme, Expressions, Costume (get up), Presentation and Selection of song.
• Minimum 08 and Maximum 10 candidates could be there in a group.
|Art||• The competition will be held in the two groups.
• Group 1- Class PPI to Class I (Colouring)
• Group 2- Class II to Class V(Art)
• The theme/topic will be given on the spot.
• Maximum 3 students for each group from each institution will be allowed.
|Recitation||• The competition will be held in two groups.
• Group 1- Class I to Class II
• Group 2- Class III to Class V
• The theme for the Recitation Competition is ‘Patriotic.’
• Maximum 2 students from each institution will be allowed.
|Craft||• The competition will be held in one group – Class II to Class V
• The competition is based on Best out of waste. Bring only waste material to place yourself in competition.
• Maximum 2 students from each institution will be allowed.
|Extempore||• The competition will be held in one group – Class II to Class V.
• The competitor has to pick up a piece of paper from the bowl with a topic in it.
• He /She will get 30 seconds to think about it.
• Marks will be awarded on the basis of fluency, thought process, presentation. etc.
• Maximum 2 students from each institution.
|Group Song||• Maximum song limit will be for 2 stanzas (Antras) only. Theme of the song should be ‘Patriotic’
• Group members of each group will be from Class IV – Class VIII
• Movie songs are prohibited
• Maximum 3 accompanists will be allowed along with the group.
• No electronic instruments would be entertained.
• Costumes and actions will not carry any extra marks.
• Minimum 8 and Maximum 10 candidates could be there in a group.
• Groups should bring their own accompanists.
• Groups have to bring their own instruments
|Street Play||• Time limit is of 8-10 minutes for the performance
• No of members in the group 8-10
• Plagiarism is not allowed (Idea should be original)
|• There shall be only two Entries from (Class IX – XII) each school, viz. one “For” the Motion and one for “Against” the Motion.
• The speakers are required to come in their respective school uniform.
• The speakers will address the chair only.
• Participants should refrain from reading previously prepared script, any paper or aid. Un-parliamentary language should not be used. No personal comments or observations should be made against any religion, caste, community, political party or individual. The matter should be limited to the topic only.
• Each Speaker shall be given a total of 4 Minutes to express their views. After the warning bell, at the end of the 3rd Minute, 1 Minute of extra time would be given
• Exceeding the time limit will be liable for negative marking
• Points awarded by individual judges will be added for each speaker, and then for each team.
• Facts, presented in a debate as such, must be accurate.
• The candidate opted out to be the first to speak through a draw will get a minutes time at the end for rebuttal.
• Once the debate starts, the participants are not allowed to discuss with their teacher or anyone else till the program ends.
• The best speaker, not the team, will be the winner whereas the highest point scoring team will get the BEST SCHOOL’S trophy.
• Queries can be placed to the candidates, which lie at the discretion of the judges.
• Reporting time for all the participants will be 09:00AM.
• 9:00 AM to 9:15 AM registration will be done and immediately the draw to fix the sequence will be done in the presence of the participants. If the participant or the school arrives late they have to obey the registration committees’ decision
|Quiz||• One round of the quiz will be related to India.
• Each school will have one team with a maximum of 4 students,
• Rules and instructions regarding the individual rounds will be given on the spot.
• On the event of tie, answer to tie-breaker question will decide the winner.
“Yoga lets people discover the sense of oneness with yourself, the world and the nature.”
To celebrate the spirit of Yoga, International Yoga Day will be celebrated on 21st June, 2016 at Brighton International School. Let’s join hands to make the day a success.