An eventful month has arrived once again. We, The Brighton, being a torchbearer of Mind Spark are ready to put up all our hearts and minds towards making it a grand platform for great minds.
Nothing is more beautiful than the creative minds. It gives us an immense pleasure to invite your students to be a part of this very happening event, Mind spark 2017 is the Inter-school competition to be held on from 21st – 23rd August 2017 in our School Premises.
In this era of globalization, let us tap the hidden talents of our students amidst their curriculum. Activities on the stature will enhance their skills and encourage them to engage with complexities of issues arising today.
I request you to embolden the learners to let themselves give a chance to exchange their ideas and speak upon their thoughts.
We look forward to host you here at Brighton and ensure you promising and vigorous moments.
Please find attached schedule of the events.
Brighton International School, Raipur
• Last date for registration is 1st August 2017.
• Participants need to arrange for their own conveyance.
• The host school will provide snacks and refreshment.
• There will be no registration fee for any event.
• Reporting time – 30 min prior to the scheduled start.
• Every competitor must carry original School ID.
• Best School’s Trophy will be awarded to the all-rounder school (barring Hindi and English debate)
• For registrations and queries contact between 9 AM to 5 PM
• First aid facility will be provided by the host school
• The first round of the quiz will be in written form.
• Four teams selected from first round will go in next round.
• One round of the quiz will be related to India.
• Each school will have one team with a maximum of 4 students,
• Rules and instructions regarding the individual rounds will be given on the spot.
• On the event of tie, answer to tie-breaker question will decide the winner.
• There shall be only two Entries from (Class IX - XII) each school, viz. one “For” the Motion and one for “Against” the Motion.
• The speakers are required to come in their respective school uniform.
• The speakers will address the chair only.
• Participants should refrain from reading previously prepared script, any paper or aid. Un-parliamentary language should not be used. No personal comments or observations should be made against any religion, caste, community, political party or individual. The matter should be limited to the topic only.
• Each Speaker shall be given a total of 3 Minutes to express their views. After the warning bell, at the end of the 2nd Minute, 1 Minute of extra time would be given
• Exceeding the time limit will be liable for negative marking
• Points awarded by individual judges will be added for each speaker, and then for each team.
• Facts, presented in a debate as such, must be accurate.
• The candidate opted out to be the first to speak through a draw will get a minutes time at the end for rebuttal.
• Once the debate starts, the participants are not allowed to discuss with their teacher or anyone else till the program ends.
• The best speaker, not the team, will be the winner whereas the highest point scoring team will get the BEST SCHOOL’S trophy.
• Queries can be placed to the candidates, which lie at the discretion of the judges.
• Reporting time for all the participants will be 09:00AM.
• Judgment Criteria- Content, Fluency, Body language, Confidence.
• Maximum song limit will be for 2 stanzas (Antras) only. Theme of the song should be ‘Patriotic’
• Group members of each group will be from Class IV – Class VIII
• Movie songs are prohibited
• Maximum 3 accompanists will be allowed along with the group.
• No electronic instruments would be entertained.
• Costumes and actions will not carry any extra marks.
• Minimum 8 and Maximum 10 candidates could be there in a group.
• Groups should bring their own accompanists.
• Groups have to bring their own instruments
• We will be following all the rules and regulations of T.T.F.I.
• A Team consists of maximum four players and a coach/manager.
• Best of three set will be in the preliminary stage and finals will be of 5 set.
• The competition will be held in the two groups.
• Class KG I to Class II (Colouring)
• Colouring sheet will be provided.
• Students can use any type of colour.
• Class III to Class V(Art)
• Theme - Independence Day
• A4 size paper will be provided.
• Only Pastel Colors are allowed.
• Maximum 2 students from each institution will be allowed.
• The competition will be held in two groups.
• Class I to Class II
• Class III to Class V
• The theme for the Recitation Competition is ‘Patriotic- My Dream India.’
• Maximum 2 students from each institution will be allowed.
• The competition will be held in one group - Class III to Class V.
• The competitor has to pick up a piece of paper from the bowl with a topic in it.
• He /She will get 30 seconds to think about it.
• Marks will be awarded on the basis of fluency, thought process, presentation. etc.
• Maximum 2 students from each institution.
• Time limit is of 4-6 minutes for the performance.
• Recorded CD/ DVD/ Pen drive or live music is allowed.
• The required costume and other accessories are to be brought by the participants.
• The participants have to deposit the master CD/DVD/Pen drive at the registration counter.
• The participants will be judged on the basis of Theme, Expressions, Costume (get up), Presentation and Selection of song.
• Minimum 08 and Maximum 10 candidates could be there in a group.
• प्रत्येक विद्यालय से (कक्षा IX-XII) दो छात्रों की भागीदारी, एक छात्र पक्ष से, एक छात्र विपक्ष से मान्य होगा |
• विद्यार्थी गणवेश व पहचान पत्र के साथ छात्र उपस्थित होवें |
• प्रत्येक छात्र को 3 मिनट का समय दिया जाएगा, 2 मिनट पर चेतावनी घंटी बजेगी 3 मिनट पर छात्र को वक्तव्य समाप्त करना पड़ेगा | अतिरिक्त समय लेने पर अंक काटे जाएंगे
• पक्ष में बोलने वाले प्रथम छात्र को अंत में 1 मिनट का अतिरिक्त समय दिया जाएगा |
• संयुक्त रूप से उत्तम टीम को भी पुरस्कृत किया जाएगा | जिसके अंक पक्ष-विपक्ष दोनों पर आधारित होंगे |
• प्रतियोगिता प्रारंभ होने के बाद प्रतियोगी शिक्षकों से बातचीत नहीं कर सकेंगे |
• निर्णय विषयवस्तु, हावभाव, प्रस्तुतीकरण व आत्मविश्वास पर आधारित होगा |