What is CBSE Accreditation?
In order to maintain quality standards across schools, CBSE has started the process of accreditation. The Accreditation of a school from the CBSE would mean certification of a school’s functioning assessed on the basis of predetermined norms in pre-defined areas. The process is called School Quality Assessment and Accreditation. CBSE Official Website – CBSE Accreditation Website. Here is the link for Accreditation Manual issues by the CBSE. Here are the circulars issued by the CBSE – English:PAGE-1 001 PAGE-2 001 & Hindi: PAGE-1 001 PAGE-2 001
Why is there a need of Accreditation?
It has been observed that once schools after acquiring CBSE affiliation are found to wander away from the quality parameters set up by the CBSE, and though CBSE has a right to inspect and intervene it is not possible on a dat to day basis. As on 4 April 2015, total number of schools affiliated with the CBSE are 16,133. Now that is a large number to keep vigil on, hence accreditation.
CBSE has made accreditation compulsory for all affiliated schools within three years since circulars were issued to all schools in 2014.
Who will evaluate Schools?
CBSE has outsourced the research spadework / groundwork to third party along with a set of three educationists which CBSE terms as Peer Assessor team. These are basically agencies em-paneled by CBSE to conduct a deep research on and about the existing CBSE school. Here is a list of agencies*
|ACE Edutrend Ltd.||M/s ACE Edutrend Ltd. A-56 Sector – 16, Noida 201301, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Educational Initiative Pvt.|
|M/s Educational Initiative Pvt. Ltd. 613, JB Towers, Opp. Doordarshan Ahmedabad-54, email@example.com|
|Allied Boston Consultants|
India Pvt. Ltd.
|M/s Allied Boston Consultants India Pvt. Ltd. A-2/60, 2nd floor, Shiv Arcade, Acharya Niketan, Mayur Vihar Phase-I Delhi-11009.1
|MGRM Net Limited||M/s MGRM Net Limited, C-6/5, Safdarjung Development Area, New Delhi-110016, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Academy For Global|
Education Services Pvt. Ltd.
|M/s Academy For Global Education Services Pvt Ltd. , 608, Marathon Max, Mulund, Goregaon Link Road, Mulund (W)-400080, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|CFBT Education Service|
|M/s CFBT Education Service (India), 5-9-19, Laxmi Narsinh Estate, Saifabad Hyderabad-56006, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|HR Consultants Pvt. Ltd.||M/s HR Consultants Pvt.Ltd. Balaji Arcade, Plot No. 39, Maya Nagar, N-2, CIDCO, Aurangabad-431003, email@example.com|
|All India Association for|
Christian Higher Education
|M/s All India Association for Christian Higher Education Ecumenical Centre, 39, Institutional Area, D-Block, Janakpuri, New Delhi-58, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com|
|MOTT Macdonald||M/s MOTT Macdonald, A-20, Sector-2 Noida-201301. firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com|
|Bhartiya Jain Sanghathanfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|TUV SUD South Asia|
|M/s TUV SUD South Asia Pvt. Ltd. C-153/1, Okhla Industrial Estate, Phase-I, New Delhi-20.
email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Foundation of India
What is the Procedure?
The stages are divided into two broad areas
1) Self Review by the school on the SQAA form
2) Validation by the agency & PAT
What is going to get tested?
1) Scholastic Process & Outcomes – Curriculum Planning, Teaching Learning Processes, Student Assessment & Performance – How is the school doing it, what are the processes and what is the documentation and archiving know how. (Weight – 25%)
2) Co-Scholastic Processes – How are school devising methods to test the ‘Life Skills’ approved by the CBSE under the co-scholastic activities. Again what is the method of evaluation and documentation. (Weight – 15%)
3) Infrastructure – Adequacy, Functionality & Aesthetics. This is where most of the schools have to carve out individual spaces spaces for various activities and make provisioning for several situations. (Weight – 15%)
4) Human Resource – A study of competency of Teachers, Students to teacher ratio, rules and records for parents, alumni and students etc (Weight – 10%)
5) Management & Administration – This is a little bookish approach in this entire process where schools have to define Standard Operating Proecdure (SOP), Flow of Information, Goal Setting etc (Weight – 10%)
6) Leadership – An assessment of the Principal through questionnaires and interview on their vision, ideas etc (Weight – 15%)
7) Beneficiary Satisfaction – Understanding overall satisfaction of all the stakeholders – Students, teachers, staff, Parents, Alumni etc (Weight – 10%)
When should a school apply?
A school should get into heavy record keeping prior to applying for SQAA and should think through and document all the process and information flow. A school is supposed to apply between 1 June – 30 September. As of April 2015, the fee is Rs 55,000 (INR). A school can start by filling the Form of Intent
SQAA in News
|CBSE schools step up accreditation process||Times of India||26th March 2015|
|सीबीएसई में शुरू हुआ ग्रेडिंग सिस्टम, शिक्षा प्रणाली में होगा सुधार||Rajasthan Patrika||24th March 2015|
|CBSE schools gear up for accreditation||The Hindu||22 March 2015|
|CBSE schools to get mandatory accreditation within 3-5 years||The Tribune||4th Dec 2014|
|Schools finding it hard to follow CBSE accreditation process||India Today||6th Feb 2014|
|Board Makes Accreditation Mandatory for Schools Affiliated to the CBSE||The New Indian Express||29th November 2013|
|CBSE allows schools to seek private accreditation||Mint||11th July 2013|
|CBSE makes accreditation a must||Times of India||10 Feb 2013|
* Agencies can change, kindly check with the CBSE accreditation website for the current em-paneled agencies.
I am also now a partner with a School consulting company which helps budding educators or investors start school or gain access to help related to school. The help could be in the form of Turnkey School Consultation, Detailed Project report, Project Finance, Business Plan consulting, Recruitment planning, Infrastructure consultation, Affiliation Consultation, Teacher’s Training, Academic and Curriculum Planning. I now have a decade of work experience. I strongly believe in improving every day and I have tremendous respect for people who pursue their dreams with undying passion and enthusiasm.
I have worked in Mumbai for about 6 years as a Marketing-Media professional which has helped me in shaping what I am today. I am Chemical Engineer with an MBA in Marketing.
You can know more about me at www.linkedin.com/in/abhineysingh
You can mail me on firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on +91 70002 40006. This number is also on whatsapp.
Latest posts by Abhiney Singh (see all)
- Get a MINORITY STATUS for your School in India - July 25, 2019
- Rejection of Application for Affiliation by the CBSE Board - July 19, 2019
- Innovative Schools – A new definition for CBSE Affiliation - June 18, 2019