Creating a website for your school
CBSE lays emphasis that all the schools should have their own website. Earlier I have given a web developer to create a website for my school. It was restrictive and frustrating when I wanted to update or change the look of the website. Finally after taking some suggestions from the people I know in the field of web development and technology, I finally decided to jump in and see what it takes. To my pleasant surprise it wasn’t that tough. So here are the ways to create your own website;
- Find a domain and book the domain – There are lot of websites like godaddy.com, bigrock.com etc. just search for buy domains in google. This will through many vendors to choose from. Everyone accepts credit card. This booking of domain is not for ever, it is time bound, hence one needs to renew before it phases out. The cost of keeping the domain is very nominal about Rs 300 and upwards for a year depending on the domain.
- Buy a hosting space – Getting a domain doesn’t ensure a place on the web, it is just the address. One needs to buy a certain amount of space on the web. This is done by buying a HOSTING Space. There are two kinds of hosting Windows and Linus. I have been using Windows but would switch to Linux soon as it is more preferred. Again the same guys selling domain can help you buy hosting. This one is a little expensive about Rs 200 and more per month.As you add more variables like dedicated hosting, emails, databases etc, the cost goes up.
- WordPress Account – Go to WORDPRESS.ORG and create an account.
- Upload wordpress – This is the fun part. Go to your hosting panel. They will provide you with the following, FTP username, Database username and password. Upload the wordpress folder.
- Creating Pages – Choose a theme and start working.
I am also now a partner with a School consulting company which helps budding educators or investors start school or gain access to help related to school. The help could be in the form of Turnkey School Consultation, Detailed Project report, Project Finance, Business Plan consulting, Recruitment planning, Infrastructure consultation, Affiliation Consultation, Teacher’s Training, Academic and Curriculum Planning. I now have a decade of work experience. I strongly believe in improving every day and I have tremendous respect for people who pursue their dreams with undying passion and enthusiasm.
I have worked in Mumbai for about 6 years as a Marketing-Media professional which has helped me in shaping what I am today. I am Chemical Engineer with an MBA in Marketing.
You can know more about me at www.linkedin.com/in/abhineysingh
You can mail me on firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on +91 70002 40006. This number is also on watsapp.
Latest posts by Abhiney Singh (see all)
- Designing a SCHOOL LOGO - March 23, 2017
- Naming Strategy & Name Options for a New School in India - March 5, 2017
- Start a Budget IB School Or A Premium CBSE School – Case Study Bangalore - February 1, 2017