A lot of Schools due to some issues find themselves in a quandary over affiliation related documentation and application, thus losing out.
I had a chat with one school from Bengal where someone took the money from school (affiliation Fee Rs 75,000 plus Rs 50,000 as the facilitation fee for himself ). The school had inadequate infrastructure including the land with the school, thus the application was rejected. The so called ‘Facilitator’ applied and gave them the Application Number and by the time school realised, he vanished from the scene. So the school thought that paying the facilitator Rs 50,000 will solve their problems / limitations whereas the other one conned the school by applying for them legally but making cool Rs 50,000.
How to avoid such cases.
To begin with the schools should read the bye laws properly to save themselves from such issues. Now in order refund the money now CBSE has amended the rules where the Board only gives back 50% of the total application fee.
So now whatever you have applied for there has always been a provision of getting a refund on the school’s application money / affiliation money / affiliation due / affiliation charges, earlier it was 10% deduction which has now been raised to 50%
Here is the circular mentioning the same by the CBSE
A word of caution from my side
- Dont fall for touts
- The application process can be started by January itself and the info can be modified till the date of Final submission i.e 30 June, so take your time in checking and filling up the details
- Dont apply if you do not have adequate infrastructure, rules are very strict
I hope you will find the above information useful.
- Open / Starta School in India and CBSE Affiliation - May 31, 2022
- Private School getting Affiliated as a Sainik School - January 28, 2022
- Teacher Awards - September 20, 2021