Once you are familiar with the Land Requirement for CBSE, the next question is how much to construct.
So a regular Budget School today provisions for the following;
- Class Rooms – Based on Classes the School is starting with and the Section they are looking to start
- Office – Management, Admission, Accounts, Principal, Vice Principal, Coordinator, Counsellor
- Big Rooms – Library, Computer Lab, Dance Studio, Music Room, Craft & Art Room, Staff Room
- Miscellaneous Rooms – Exam Department, Stores,
- Toilets – Boys, Girls, Staff
- Assembly Hall / Ground
- Play Area – Swings, Slides, Merry go round and other outdoor play equipments
- Playground / Courts
I am trying below an approximate Sq Feet one has to build to accommodate all the above except 7 & 8.
Classroom Size: If one has to go through the bye law it says
“Class rooms – minimum size should be 8 m x 6 m (approx 500. sq. ft.).
(ii) Science Labs. (Composite for Secondary or/and separate Physics, Chemistry and Biology for Senior Secondary)- minimum size should be 9 m.x 6 m. each(approx 600 sq. ft) and fully equipped.
(iii) Library – minimum size should be 14 m.x 8 m. fully equipped and with reading room facility.
(iv) Computer Lab. and Math Lab. – No minimum size is prescribed, however, the school should have separate provision for each
(v) Rooms for extra curricular activities – either separate rooms for music, dance, arts & sports or one multi purpose hall for all these activities should be available.
The 500 Sq Feet Classroom is easy enough to make sir 35 ~ 40 students at a time. So here is the maths of total Square Feet of Construction
- The School is starting from Nursery – Class VII
- School is starting with 2 section each
- School is building all the above mentioned point in the beginning of this post.
- We will do all the calculation by taking unit as One Classroom which measure 500 Sq feet
Total No of Classrooms with two sections each – 20
Library – Double of a classroom – 2
Labs – Maths Lab & Composite Science Lab – 3
Studio – Art, Music & Dance – 4.5
Management Office, Principals Office – 2
Accounts, Coordinator, Exam Room, Store, Admissions Office – 3.5
Staff Room – 2
Toilets – 3
So a total of = 40 units of 500 Square feet each
= 20,000 Square Feet
If one has to multiply this 20,000 Sq Feet with a rough estimate of Rs 900 for construction, the fund requirement is around Rs 1.8 Crores or 2 crores.
Nationalised Banks do give loans to Societies / Trust looking to start schools.
Hope this post will help one get a better understanding of the task and the costs
- Open / Starta School in India and CBSE Affiliation - May 31, 2022
- Private School getting Affiliated as a Sainik School - January 28, 2022
- Teacher Awards - September 20, 2021