There have been a lot of queries from a lot of promoters regarding the qualification of the Principal as mandated by CBSE, I have tried to take the guidelines from the CBSE Bye Laws and try making it in a format which is easier for everyone to read. As you will observe there are multiple ways with Teachers / Administrators in different ways can become Principal at a CBSE School. Kindly go through the requirements below to understand the qualification required –
Qualification for a PRINCIPAL of a CBSE School
For SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL (Upto CLASS XII)
(i) Masters Degree or Honours Degree
- Foreign University recognised as equivalent to the Master’s Degree of an Indian University by the U.P.S.C. (or)
- Honours Degree of such Indian Universities as may be recognized equivalent to the Master’s Degree by the U.P.S.C.
(ii) A teaching Degree or a Diploma in Education or its equivalent – B.Ed
(iii) Experience as required under anyone of the following clauses:
a) At least 3 years experience of administrative charge of a recognised College having Intermediate or higher classes.
b) At least 5 years experience of administrative charge of a recognised High School.
c) At least 5 years experience of teaching in a recognised college or Higher Secondary School or an equivalent teaching experience in a Teachers Training Institute.
d) At least 8 years teaching experience in a recognised High School.
e) At least 5 years experience including 3years educational administrative experience and 2 years teaching experience in a recognised High or Higher Secondary School or a Teachers Training Institute
Bachelor of Engineering with 5 years teaching experience in a recognised College or Hr. Sec. School
Trained Graduate Heads of recognised High Schools who have attained the age of 45 years and possess at least 15 years teaching experience of Secondary classes in a recognised High/Higher Secondary School (including at least 5 years administrative experience as Head of a recognised High School.)
Persons possessing Masters Degree with at least 15 years teaching experience in a recognised Higher Secondary School and/or a recognised college having attained the age of 45 years.
Persons possessing Masters Degree in Education and having the requisite experience as provided for in anyone of the forgoing clauses A to D.
FOR SECONDARY SCHOOL (Upto CLASS X)
At least Master’s Degree (or its equivalent) with a teaching degree or its equivalent with 5 years experience of teaching of High or Higher Secondary/Intermediate classes.
- i) At least Bachelor’s Degree from a recognised University;
- ii) B.Ed. from a recognised University/Institute; and
- iii) 8 years experience of teaching Secondary School classes (up to class X) or 12 years of teaching experience of Middle and Secondary classes of which minimum 5 years being experience of teaching the Secondary classes; or 5 years experience as Headmaster of Middle School or other equivalent administrative experience.
I am also now a partner with a School consulting company which helps budding educators or investors start school or gain access to help related to school. The help could be in the form of Turnkey School Consultation, Detailed Project report, Project Finance, Business Plan consulting, Recruitment planning, Infrastructure consultation, Affiliation Consultation, Teacher’s Training, Academic and Curriculum Planning. I now have a decade of work experience. I strongly believe in improving every day and I have tremendous respect for people who pursue their dreams with undying passion and enthusiasm.
I have worked in Mumbai for about 6 years as a Marketing-Media professional which has helped me in shaping what I am today. I am Chemical Engineer with an MBA in Marketing.
You can know more about me at www.linkedin.com/in/abhineysingh
You can mail me on email@example.com or call me on +91 70002 40006. This number is also on whatsapp.
Latest posts by Abhiney Singh (see all)
- Direct Admission in Class X and XII in CBSE School - September 1, 2018
- Start International School in India with IB or IGCSE Board - August 17, 2018
- Answering: Should I start a Franchise School or not? - August 16, 2018