To start a school in India, recognition form the HOME STATE is MANDATORY. Education is a state subject and the schools have to follow the norms set by the state govt. Also the acts like RTE are enforced and managed by the state govt machinery, the schools also have to accommodate the holidays prescribed by the state. The District Education Officer (DEO) is the custodian of the State Board recognition and its laws, DEO’s office is the one responsible to help schools with state board affiliation and related support. As mentioned in my earlier posts, to take affiliation from CBSE/ CISCE you have to take No Objection Certificate from the state government as well besides Affiliation. I have made this post which should help new schools to find information regarding the state board affiliation. A lot of promoters / Principals are of the notion that a State Government Affiliation has nothing to do with their starting of School, since the School will get CBSE Affiliation at a later stage. This notion is wrong since the most essential requirement after LAND for CBSE team to come and inspect a school is the State Board Affiliation and Permission. Here is an excerpt from the CBSE Bye Laws (Page 7)
- The School seeking Provisional Affiliation with the Board must have formal prior recognition of the State/U. T. Govt.
- Its application either should be forwarded by the States Govt. or there should be a No Objection Certificate to the effect that State Government has no objection to the affiliation of the school with the CBSE.
- ‘No Objection Certificate’ once issued to any school will be considered at par even if it prescribes a specific period or *stage unless it is withdrawn. Condition of submitting a No Objection Certificate will not be applicable to categories 3.1 (i) to (iv).
- Though it is important the School applies for NOC but getting a School affiliated, the only thing which counts is whether school has applied to State Government for NOC.
Starting a State Board School in IndiaEach and every state has an Education Board. Each of this education board is divided locally and centrally in the state capital. Each of the State and Union Territories has its own Education Board and Department which looks after the affiliation rules, implementation, inspection and approvals. Each of the state Government has its own website where they have mentioned about the procedures, teams and conditions. Here are the websites and respective affiliation bye laws of different states of India; So to start, you first have to approach the District Education Office and submit your affiliation request. Post the inspection, the State Board should be in a position to give you the State Board’s Affiliation. After that you can very well apply for CBSE’s Affiliation for your school. Here is also the list of website for you (though not exhaustive) to help you with your state’s Education Board Affiliation.
Latest posts by Abhiney Singh (see all)
- Open / Starta School in India and CBSE Affiliation - May 31, 2022
- Private School getting Affiliated as a Sainik School - January 28, 2022
- Teacher Awards - September 20, 2021
i studied from LDN Public School is this CG affiliated, BTW their education quality was top notch
To get state recognition and an NOC for starting a new CBSE school should there be an existing school running or functional or Can I apply for NOC and straight away start a new cbse school?
To get NOC, the school should be fully function plus should have the State Board Affiliation.
is very useful form me