- The School seeking Provisional Affiliation with the Board must have formal prior recognition of the State/U. T. Govt.
- Its application either should be forwarded by the States Govt. or there should be a No Objection Certificate to the effect that State Government has no objection to the affiliation of the school with the CBSE.
- ‘No Objection Certificate’ once issued to any school will be considered at par even if it prescribes a specific period or *stage unless it is withdrawn. Condition of submitting a No Objection Certificate will not be applicable to categories 3.1 (i) to (iv).
- Though it is important the School applies for NOC but getting a School affiliated, the only thing which counts is whether school has applied to State Government for NOC.
To start a school in India, recognition form the HOME STATE is MANDATORY. Education is a state subject and the schools have to follow the norms set by the state govt. Also the acts like RTE are enforced and managed by the state govt machinery, the schools also have to accommodate the holidays prescribed by the state. The District Education Officer (DEO) is the custodian of the State Board recognition and its laws, DEO’s office is the one responsible to help schools with state board affiliation and related support. As mentioned in my earlier posts, to take affiliation from CBSE/ CISCE you have to take No Objection Certificate from the state government as well besides Affiliation. I have made this post which should help new schools to find information regarding the state board affiliation. A lot of promoters / Principals are of the notion that a State Government Affiliation has nothing to do with their starting of School, since the School will get CBSE Affiliation at a later stage. This notion is wrong since the most essential requirement after LAND for CBSE team to come and inspect a school is the State Board Affiliation and Permission. Here is an excerpt from the CBSE Bye Laws (Page 7)
- NOC – No Objection Certificate – How to get NOC for your School
- CBSE School Building Plans, Architecture, Architects, Furniture & Designs