The Prohibition of unfair Practices in School Bill 2012 – Introduction
1) For the first time there is a clear definition of Capitation Fee. It is defined as a fee charged without any mention in the fee structure.
2) School cannot charge any fee for giving away prospectus or admission related details.
3) School cannot conduct any admission test for classes below class VIII.
4) If school is conduction admission test for classes above class VIII, they have to notify and make the entire process transparent for the parents and students.
5) There are various topics under the information about the school, which a school has to mandatorily divulge on their website and at the school entrance.
6) No donation (not mentioned in the fee structure) should be charged.
7) The School Management Committee should contain;
– 50% members should be females.
– 75% members should be parents of the children studying in the school.
– Representative of Local Administration Authority.
8) Fee refund rules should be explicitly mentioned in the fee structure or in the information brochure.
9) School cannot force a student to buy books, Dress and other such items from a specified shop.At this moment, the bill is still to be tabled in the parliament and get a nod a final nod. But overall it is a positive step towards clarifying the on-going confusion across various states.
I hope it also takes into account some views from the Private Unaided Schools and make it more holistic, some additions of the following sort would be welcome –
1) Inter-School transfer policies in the middle of the term.
2) Teacher eligibility test – Uniform guidelines for PRT/PGT/TGT
3) Division of powers and influence over schools between State Education Board and CBSE/ICSE etc boards.
4) Vacation dates and total days in an academic calendar.
Hope this will help in creating a more structured and
I am also now a partner with a School consulting company which helps budding educators or investors start school or gain access to help related to school. The help could be in the form of Turnkey School Consultation, Detailed Project report, Project Finance, Business Plan consulting, Recruitment planning, Infrastructure consultation, Affiliation Consultation, Teacher’s Training, Academic and Curriculum Planning. I now have a decade of work experience. I strongly believe in improving every day and I have tremendous respect for people who pursue their dreams with undying passion and enthusiasm.
I have worked in Mumbai for about 6 years as a Marketing-Media professional which has helped me in shaping what I am today. I am Chemical Engineer with an MBA in Marketing.
You can know more about me at www.linkedin.com/in/abhineysingh
You can mail me on firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on +91 70002 40006. This number is also on watsapp.
Latest posts by Abhiney Singh (see all)
- Common Deficiency after IC – CBSE Affiliation - September 19, 2017
- Start a Trust / Society / Section 8 Company for School - September 9, 2017
- How to start a Franchise of Brighton International School in your Town - August 12, 2017