Off late we were looking to stock our library. The CBSE mandate is for every single students, the school library has to have 5 books. Right now we do not have one single vendor/merchant/distributor or publisher who could be a single point contact for the library requirements. Plus, when the school is looking to save on costs and also stock the right books, one is tempted to take the difficult road of choosing books from a plethora of publishers and options.
The aim of writing this post is to give educators/librarians a good starting point from where they can look to fine tune their buys.
there are certain publishers and books recommended by CBSE. here goes the list;
- Arvind KumarA&A Book Trust Publishers — email:
- Centre for Learning Resources — email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eklavya / Pitara Publication : —– email: email@example.com
- Katha Books —– email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pratham Books —– email: email@example.com
- Scholastic Books — email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tulika Books —– email: email@example.com
- Low Price Publication, Delhi —- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ramesh Publications Delhi —– email: email@example.com
- Second Hand Books, Noida —– email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Open / Starta School in India and CBSE Affiliation - May 31, 2022
- Private School getting Affiliated as a Sainik School - January 28, 2022
- Teacher Awards - September 20, 2021
we want to purchase books for library, our school situated in gurugram
I am not into supplying of books, I have just put the list for all the school’s to get books from the market.
My name is Mudit Mittal from Meerut (UP), I am manufacturer of CBSE children books from the class of KG to 12th. My Company name is Brainmate Book Publication.
My name is Rakesh Kushwaha, i am Children Book publishers in Ahmedabad and Delhi Ncr. My company name is Magpie Books. We also provide all kinds of CBSE books for children, Ebooks etc…
How many magazines should be in school library according to cbse rules. Somewhere mentioned 15 and somewhere mentioned 25 which is right. 15 is sufficient if we are going to taking affiliation upto 10class
15 is sufficient
Thanks abhinay sir for this list and resource
HI, I AM FROM GAGAN PUBLIC SCHOOL, GREATER NOIDA BRANCH. WE ARE CBSE AFFILIATED. WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHICH PUBLISHER PROVIDES BOOK FOR LIBRARY SETTING UP.
OUR BRANCH IN GREATER NOIDA WANT TO SET UP A LIBRARY.
There is not one publisher which one should go with. I suggest you speak to everyone and ask for their school library catalogue and buy from all of them.
This is Gayatri from D.P.Model public school, Bhubaneswar, Odisha.Can we get your sample books for our school from ukg to class 8.CBSE.
I am not into book selling, this blog is just to help people running schools.